Mother's visa got rejected. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's visa got rejected. Please help

My mother, whose is a widow (My father passed away in 1998) went for a B2 Visitor Visa on November 29, 2004 and got rejected on clause Section 214(b). I am the only son. They did not even ask any documents sent by me except the DS 156. They asked the following questions to my mom:

1. Who is there is USA (Answer by my mother: My Son)
    2. Do you have any other children (Answer by my mother:No)
    3. What is your Husband doing (Answer by my mother: He is no more)
    4. Do you get pension (Answer by my mother:Yes, 3000 Rs)
    5. Do you have any other source of income ( Answer by my mother:I am a Government employee working at BSNL and I have 4 more years of service.)

Note: She was not able to show the Bank documents, house property, Bank balance, House rental income which she had.

Thats it. My mother's visa got rejected. This is the situation for me right now.

My questions are

1. What would be reason for rejection. If they think, that she is potential immigrant, because I am the only son and she is a widow, is there anything I could do to change the situation.
    2. Is there any processs where I can ask for a re-evaluation. If so, what is the procedure? Would it be better, if I send any document or letter.
    3. If there is no reevaluation procedure, when is the right time to appear the second time. Would it be a problem, if she appears in a month again.
    4. What are the strengths and weaknesse's of the case.

It would be a very great help if you could answer these questions and educate me. I am really very much pressurized for her visa being rejected and this happens the second time, it will be very hard on me.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Neelakandan Nagarajan

My mother's visa got rejected two times

hi

I read your message in the forum. My mother also attended second time on Nov'29 2004 at chennai and got rejected second time. I don't know what is the exact reason why. They rejected under 214(B). She is also a widow. My father passed away in 99. We put evidences of land, house, pension and rents etc. But they told you are a potential immigrant, you are not allowed to go there.
    I am so frustrated, if you come across any solution to this problem, please mail me to my mail id. [email protected]

I don't know how approach people, please help me. At the same time if I come across by any chance the solution for this problem , I will definitely try to contact you.

Good luck
    bye
    nebeaula

Comment

Yes, I will try to contact you if there is any solution to this problem

Good Luck,
      Neel

Comment

widows having trouble getting visa

Hello both of you,

I am in the same situation as you are. My widow mother tried two times, and both times they did not look at any documents. The answer was flat 'no'. It is purely the fact that she is a widow. I do not know how to get out of this situation. Let me know as well if you guys find any solution. My email ID is [email protected]. I will let you know if I find anything.

I have come to the terms with the situation. She will try one more time. If she doesn't get it in third attempt, I am going back to India. I am her only son and cannot leave my mom alone at her old age. I have been in this country for long and it is going to be very tough for me to transition. But the fact is that our stay in the US is considered a privilege, not a right. If their policies are out of place, we can't do anything about it.

Good luck!

Comment

Please inform me too

Hi all,

I am in the same boat too..My widow mother also tried two times at chennai consulate but rejected with the reason potential immigrant without checking any documents. Please inform me too if you find any solution for this.My email id is [email protected]

Thanks.

Comment

vjay,
            Even I am planning to do the sae. I will try for three times and if didn't work out, I will move to India. I find no point in staying here when my mother can't come here. The only thing is I have just got 6 months exp.

Neel

Comment

I think in all the above cases, they have failed to prove their regular source of income which is very important.

Comment

Same problem here - mother is a widow

My mother tried in June 2004 (my dad passed away Oct 2003) and she was rejected through 214b.
                Sharmaji, what do you mean by main source of income - we have shown pension/property etc. in the papers, I doubt if they ever looked at it, having come to know that she is a widow.
                Anyone with ANY ideas please reply - even I am pretty frustrated, and am deciding to go back if she gets rejected a second time.

Comment

My friend's mother got stamped in Chennai consulate on November 18, 2004 though she was a widow. They looked at all her property documents. I guess she had 3 more children in India including an unmarried child.

Comment

mother's visa rejected

sharmaji,

most of these cases were rejected not becasue they did not have enough documents to show their income. they all were rejected becasue they did not have a strong family tie back in India.

my mom is living alone. my only sister is married. so, widow and living alone were good enough reasons for them to reject the visa. She was never asked for any documents whatsoever.

Comment

I mean parents should show the income from their sons in India too to prove that they have ties in India. We cant expect parents in age above 65 to have regular income other then pension. But they should produce documents of sons/daughter.

Comment

Is there any way we can prove social and economic ties back in India. My mother is working in BSNL (Central Government) and she has like 5 more years of service. If the consular officer did not ask for the documents, can we voluntarily show the officer all the documents. My mom will be going for the second time and I am really confused how to approach this time. Please help me with some suggestions.

Comment

Mother's visa got rejected. Please help

My mother, a widow got her B1 / B2 Visa rejected under 214(B). My question here is

1. Will a rejection letter be sent to my home in India stating the exact reason.

2. If not, the letter they gave immediately after the interview doesn't have enough information on it. I couldn't find the exact reason why they rejected it. All I know is they have rejected under Section 214(B). Is there any way I could find that.

Please help me with this.

Comment

The letter she got is the only letter or communication she will get.
                            Immihelp Support
                            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Yes, you can voluntarily show them, but some time they still may not be willing to look at it.
                              Immihelp Support
                              No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X