Visa query for medical electives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa query for medical electives

I am a final year medical student and I intend to attend medical electives in the US.
    I applied for B1/B2 visa with my family for tourism purposes and got approved in the first week of October 2019. We have a lot of previous travel history. At the interview, we said that we are planning to visit the US for 15 days for tourism.
    The interviewer asked me what I do and I informed him that I am final year medical student. He didn't ask me whether I am planning for USMLE or not. I didn't tell him about the elective because by then I had only a single acceptance letter for electives which was for March 2020, and I was unsure whether I'll be attending it or not.
    I recently received another acceptance letter for February 2020. I am awaiting more letters.
    My parents wish to travel for tourism for 2 weeks, while I intend to stay for around 4 months (depending on my electives and my Step2CS exam).
    I want to inform the embassy regarding my situation as I feel that it might create problems later on (when and if I apply for J1 visa later) if I don't clear it up.
    Kindly advise on how to approach

For now just visit for tourism purpose & leave USA in 2 weeks as originally planned & then apply for J1, then do your electives.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      For now just visit for tourism purpose & leave USA in 2 weeks as originally planned & then apply for J1, then do your electives.

Electives can only be done on a B1/B2 visa. I intend to do them during Jan-Apr 2020.
      J1 Visa is required for the MD programme, so I'll be needing the J1 Visa after March 2021 (provided I get it in the first try)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X