Retired Police Officer - B2 Visa - DS160 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired Police Officer - B2 Visa - DS160 help

I am currently on a H1B visa in the USA. I'm planing to apply for a visitor visa for my in-laws. While going through the DS-160 application, I came across the question,

have you any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?
    My Father in law is a retired sub-inspector, and he did go through basic fire-arms training. I'm not exactly sure about "specialized training" mean here. what should I answer to this question?

does having the basic training as part of his job nature, be a reason to enhance chances to deny visa?

appreciate any help/suggestion in this regard.

Although it's probably not a concern for your case, other people who have specialized training are important for the US. Applicants with "sensitive" knowledge must be thoroughly researched, scanned and their history reviewed before potentially allowing them into the country due security concerns or public safety. Being a sub inspector and having basic firearm training probably won't make your in-laws a target. You should still list his training here, though.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Agree with PKumar01, its just that he might go through an background verification, but won't be denied on this reason.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

In your case, there is nothing to worry about and if you provide all the information he should be allowed to pass.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X