Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 form - resubmit ?

Hi,

I filled in the DS-160 form on Mar 31 and mentioned the Intended date of arrival to be May 10 2010. But due to several reasons we did not apply for visa appointment interview date yet. What should i do?
    Should i change the intended travel date and resubmit new application and get new confirmation number ?
    Will this delay/filling up 2 ds160 forms cause any suspicious thought by the Consulars ?
    I mean will they start thinking why this person has applied 2 forms n will they scrutinize more ?
    Please confirm asap

Thanks in advance!

They will look at only that DS-160 with which you have tied up your visa interview. I mean the form whose CEAC number you use to schedule the visa interview. The other DS-160 forms are irrelevant.

Comment

ds160 - resubmit clarification

Hi,thanks for your reply. One last question.
      there is an option to upload previously saved form when applying online ds160 form. Can i upload the already saved Mar 30 2010 form and jus change the intended date of travel or is it best to start with new application ?
      Because its almost 1.5months already. Can i use the exisiting application # and upload and make changes or start new ?
      Please confirm asap.

Comment

Yes, you can use the saved aplication and use it as long as it did not generate the CEAC number previously. If you received the CEAC number for the saved application, then you cannot change any thing in that. You have to start with a new application. But, if you did not reach the confirmation page and did not receive the CEAC number, then you are good to go. Just upload the saved one, make the changes, and once you reach confirmation page of this application, you will get a CEAC number which you can use to schedule your visa interview.

Comment

I resumitted DS 160 form after having it submitted earlier.I realised after I had recd CEAC confirmation page that I had committed a mistake while filling up the form.I had not sceduled the interview date with that CEAC confirmation yet.

So I edited the fields in the form that I had saved on my system and had submitted earlier.I started with start existing application made changes and resubmitted the form and got a new CEAC number.
          So I used this new number to schedule the appointment. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Comment

ds-160 form

heloo
            can anyone help me to find out that in my ds-160 form in travel section -- there is no question of have you made specific plans? in my form there was only intended date blocks and i filled that and went to next section . but my friend told me that there is this question which didn't displayed in my form . then i again went back and even tried with new ds-160 form but again same thing --- i don't have that question section ... any solutions please

Comment

Originally posted by jjskjmj View Post
              Hi,

I filled in the DS-160 form on Mar 31 and mentioned the Intended date of arrival to be May 10 2010. But due to several reasons we did not apply for visa appointment interview date yet. What should i do?
              Should i change the intended travel date and resubmit new application and get new confirmation number ?
              Will this delay/filling up 2 ds160 forms cause any suspicious thought by the Consulars ?
              I mean will they start thinking why this person has applied 2 forms n will they scrutinize more ?
              Please confirm asap

Thanks in advance!
              Have you searched it on YouTube or Google? If so then please tell me what methods you have used till now. Here is the useful resource that I found on Google.
              Last edited by Flynnmcgill; 04-21-2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I recommend highly that applicants start the application process about 3 months in advance of their intended date of travel since appointments are usually full 2-3 months in advance. There is lot of Resource available in internet about the issue. Just Check in Google. Here is one of them.
                Last edited by RayCooper; 10-01-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X