Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have to really send pay stubs, W-2, tax return forms etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have to really send pay stubs, W-2, tax return forms etc?

Do you really have to send these documents with such personal information for relatives to see/identity theft? Is it not enough to send bank statements showing you have a balance and can support their stay. Also, you can send proof of employment without salary on it. This really is very annoying. This is for tourist visa renewal which is expiring next month.

Well, if you cannot trust the person you inviting to USA, how'll VO trust that you'll support them?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Why are you sending financial documents to support a tourist? they should be able to support themselves. "invitations" are not really enforceable and thus not required by the consulate.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        Well, if you cannot trust the person you inviting to USA, how'll VO trust that you'll support them?
        That is pretty pathetic logic man, you seem to have no knowledge of when you send financial documents who all can see it and unnecessary assumptions and inferences people can make not knowing everything in detail.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
          Why are you sending financial documents to support a tourist? they should be able to support themselves. "invitations" are not really enforceable and thus not required by the consulate.
          Yes that's what I read. The visitor needs to show strong ties back home and sponsor need to show that they have funds to support visitor. I'm supplying bank documents which shows enough funds to support the visit. I was leery of supplying W-2s, pay stubs, tax returns etc which are very private information sensitive information and should not be shared that easily. I have employment letter without annual earning on it.

My MIL is going to carry house title in her name, bank statement, some family photographs, social organization photographs of which she is member. This is renewal, she is homemaker, so can't take her employment letter in India. I'm supplying bank documents, US passport copies, employment verification letter, invitation letter etc.

Hopefully this will be good enough, let me know if I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by jd101 View Post

That is pretty pathetic logic man, you seem to have no knowledge of when you send financial documents who all can see it and unnecessary assumptions and inferences people can make not knowing everything in detail.
            Seems you are more knowledgeable with financial documents brother, but not for visa processes.

On the other side I agree with PKumar01, its more beneficial for applicant to self-sponsor & you just send document to prove that you are legally staying in USA (like your passport, visa, GC etc.).

Renewal of visa should be simple & she will be eligible for IWP where they do not ask for any of these documents either.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I'm aware lots of people say you "should" show that you can support the tourist or that you should give the tourist an invitation to come and visit. But from all that I've gathered over the years, the Embassy doesn't honor those documents and just sees them as unenforceable paperwork. Nothing more. I see your enthusiasm in trying to help the b1/b2 situation, but it may be a wasted effort in some regard. If you read a bit from quora, you'll see lots of former consular officers disparage invitations and such documents for b1/b2 interviews. Hope this helps
              --Good luck--
              Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X