Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221(g) blue sheet to attend interview after Dropbox for visitor visa for my mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) blue sheet to attend interview after Dropbox for visitor visa for my mother

Hello all,

I am writing here to request you for your guidance on 221(g) for my Mother’s B1/B2 VISA extension/renewal, Please kindly guide, if it’s possible for you.

We applied for the B1/B2 visa Extension for both my parents through Dropbox, at Chennai. My Father’s visitors visa got renewed/ extended for next 10 years.

For my Mother, they gave a 221(g)sheet( blue) and they marked the First point on that sheet that says “You must appear for an INTERVIEW with a Consular officer on any Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 10am to11am. Please bring this letter with you to the interview. Do not make a new appointment “

They only marked the first bullet point (as mentioned in quotes in the above paragraph)on the 221G sheet.

My mother doesn’t speak English and when I called the number given on the sheet for clarification, if it’s OK for My mom to take my Father with her to the interview( to help in the interview as my dad is comfortable with English) they said, No, only my mother should attend and can’t take my father with her.

How do we request for the interview in local language, now, as they said to not make a new appointment ?

Can we request for the interview when she goes over there to the consulate straightaway or do we need to Pre- request/pre book it? What kind of supporting documents should she be taking with her? I asked the customer care people but they were not helpful.

Thank you for your time and guidance in advance!Look forward to your valuable response(s)!
    Last edited by Lavendar V; 03-13-2020, 01:10 PM.

Looking for responses, Please kindly suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavendar V View Post
      For my Mother, they gave a 221(g)sheet( blue) and they marked the First point on that sheet that says “You must appear for an INTERVIEW with a Consular officer on any Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 10am to11am. Please bring this letter with you to the interview. Do not make a new appointment “
      Don't worry much, sometime they just call the aged person to visit embassy to ensure that the person is in good health to travel & won't ask for US money for health related stuff etc.
      How do we request for the interview in local language, now, as they said to not make a new appointment ?
      They always have one or the other person to help you with translation in local language, probably your mother'll have to wait for someone to be available. Please ensure your mother going to local embassy only (for example, Delhi might not have a translator for Tamil or Telugu).
      Can we request for the interview when she goes over there to the consulate straightaway or do we need to Pre- request/pre book it? What kind of supporting documents should she be taking with her? I asked the customer care people but they were not helpful.
      No booking needed. Just let her take original/copy of 221(g) & same documents that she might have taken during her first interview & also the copy of your father's passport & approved visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to patiently responding to my doubts!!

Comment

Best of luck & please do share your experience once you go through it.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Yes, will definitely do. Now, the Chennai Consulate is NOT doing any interviews until further notice.

My mother never attended anything like an interview, ever before.planning to send a letter (requesting for interview in Telugu language )to give to the helpers/ people who help out at the embassy.

I am praying and hoping that it will go smooth!

thank you again for your time and response!!

Comment

Hello, my Mother is planning to go for interview, soon, She stayed in US with us for an year in 2016-17 after the extension approval . she wasn't feeling great and we couldn't travel and visit a lot of places as we initially planned due to the weather and her health at that time, so we extended the stay. wondering, if that's the reason, they are asking her to come in for interview. not sure how to answer the question, if they ask her why she stayed for an year 2016feb-2017feb. please kindly suggest. Thank you in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X