Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa will be expired within a month

Hi,

I checked the entire forum but couldn't find any topic that answers my question, so I appreciate if anybody can help me!
    My Mom lives in Iran and she got a visitor visa a couple of months ago (Because there is no US embassy in Iran, she had to go to Turkey). Her visa will be expired in one month and due to COVID restriction, she can't enter into the U.S at this point! Since she hasn't entered to the U.S yet, she is not eligible to apply for I-539 but I want to see if there is any other way to prevent expiring her visa! I checked USCIS website but there wasn't any article about extending visitor visas for those individuals who are impacted due to corona virus.

Thank you,

She can certainly renew her visa once again after expiry. She should be eligible for IWP (aka dropbox).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      She can certainly renew her visa once again after expiry. She should be eligible for IWP (aka dropbox).
      Awesome! It seems that to renew her visa, she needs to fill out the same form (DS-160) and pay the fee but no interview is needed!
      Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen_man View Post

Awesome! It seems that to renew her visa, she needs to fill out the same form (DS-160) and pay the fee but no interview is needed!
        Thanks again for your help.
        That's correct. She can apply under IWP (no interview), but it depends upon the VO to issue the visa without interview or send passport back & request for an interview.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

my visa expired is on January 2020 and next month my i-94 will be expired. Can I also extend b2 visa during covide-19....

Comment

Originally posted by jack20 View Post
            my visa expired is on January 2020 and next month my i-94 will be expired. Can I also extend b2 visa during covide-19....
            I heard embassies outside USA are closed as of now, once they open, you can apply for renewal of your visa.

For now you can stay in USA until I94 expiry & can also file to extend your current stay (Form I539) if you dont want to travel back to your home country because of this pendamic situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X