214(b)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 214(b)

My dad went to the consular for visitor visa. My husband was the sponserer. He was denied of the visa under this section 214(b). After readong this we realise it says some strong ties and a confidence that he will return back.
    It seemed confusing. their two sons are settled here, wife and elder parents are here, he owns good property and bank balances here. infact the only ppl for him in USA is his daughter , her hubby and child.

Infact , the counsellor saw no papares other than the 156. What is the reason for rejected? We have no clue. How do we correct it.? what all info does he gather from the D-156, without seeing any other papares of his ties in india....It seemed as the visa was dependent more on the whimps and fancies of the councellor than the real documents we take.

Does it depend on the sponserer? My hubby is in the US since june 2004.

PL help. What is the reason for rejected? We have no clue. How do we correct it.?

It is difficult for any of us to know exactly why.

But read https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/ to see if you get any clue out of it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

We are absolutely clueless.
      How do we guess the reason. Is there a way to know, Its really sad that the councellor did not tell anything and said, just read the paper, that clause 214(b), out of which we can hardly make out anything.

Can we call the consulate and ask?
      Is there a way to reappeal, without actually going thru the appointment, reappear etc. Even if we have to reappear, we need to know, what else to provide, bcoz we took good care to provide all documents, what more?

I am sorry, But I need help.

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no way to know exact reason beyond what you have already been told.

You can't call consulate and ask.

You will have to go through appointment and everything all over again to reapply.

Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor for preparing documents.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X