Questions about sponsor documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about sponsor documents

I would be the sponsor child for B2-visas of both my parents. I have few doubts about documents I need to prepare for my parents. I have scheduled an appointment for both my parents at the same time.

* Do my parents need to take 2 sets (one for each) of my passport copies, w2 copies, SSN

* Do I need to send originals of w2 of my previous years? Will copies be enough just like passport copies

* I can send one orginial of my pay stubs. Should my parents take 2 copies (one for each) for the interview. Or should I request my employer for duplicate paystubs?

* I have a brother working in US on H-1. https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...sor-documents/ mentions that, "If the parents have more than one child in the US, it is advisable to carry relevant documents of all children including the sponsor child"

What documents are relevant? Should his passport, I-797, and I-94 be enough? Or does he have to send letter of invitation, bank statements, w2 etc? Please enlist what all are advisable.

* My parents have appointment in Mar 3rd week. Are the documents going to be old of I prepare them in Jan first week?

Thanks in advance to all people contributing and this forum.

1. I had sent 2 copies of all the main documents and prepared 2 sets instead of just one. There is no need for SSN information.

2.I sent copies of W2s for the past 2 years

3. Since pay stubs are to be kept in hand to be shown if asked for, I had sent just 1 copy of the latest 3 paystubs.

4.Not sure

5.Not sure

6. My parents had interview in 2nd week of Sept and I sent all the papers by the beginning of August.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

If anyone is in the same situation - (two children in US), could you please advise upon this.

"
      * I have a brother working in US on H-1. https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...sor-documents/ mentions that, "If the parents have more than one child in the US, it is advisable to carry relevant documents of all children including the sponsor child"

What documents are relevant? Should his passport, I-797, and I-94 be enough? Or does he have to send letter of invitation, bank statements, w2 etc? Please enlist what all are advisable.
      "

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Proof of legal presence is all that is required for non-sponsoring siblings.

Docs such as copies of I-797, I-94 is enough.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X