Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dropbox option - can someone else submit on behalf of the applicant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropbox option - can someone else submit on behalf of the applicant?

Hello, I am applying for a B1/B2 renewal for my in-laws. They have to travel to the nearest consulate for attending in person. I am wondering if someone else can gather the documents and submit on their behalf?

To be eligible for drop box submission, each applicant must meet the below criteria

(if applicant is between 14 & 80 yrs of age. Must be able to answer YES to all the below)
    I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
    My most recent visa was issued in India
    I received my visa after January 1, 2008
    My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
    My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
    My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen or cancelled.
    I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
    If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

If your parent(s) / In laws are >80yrs of age, then the below criteria apply
    I am applying on or after 80th birthday
    My most recent visa application was not refused.

If they are older, then they do not need to go to the dropbox location. You can take the appointments and submit on their behalf. Be sure to email the drop box location first to see if they are operating and you can submit on behalf of older applicants.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi - My father visa got expired in May 2020, he meets all the above criteria's for dropbox submission except one:

He does not meet this condition because he applied his visa from Africa and he received a 10 year visa because he is an Indian citizen.

Since he now lives in India, can he be qualified for dropbox submission. (His age is 70)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post
        To be eligible for drop box submission, each applicant must meet the below criteria

(if applicant is between 14 & 80 yrs of age. Must be able to answer YES to all the below)
        I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
        I received my visa after January 1, 2008
        My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
        My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
        My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen or cancelled.
        I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most epayitonline recent visa issuance
        If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

If your parent(s) / In laws are >80yrs of age, then the below criteria apply
        I am applying on or after 80th birthday
        My most recent visa application was not refused.

If they are older, then they do not need to go to the dropbox location. You can take the appointments and submit on their behalf. Be sure to email the drop box location first to see if they are operating and you can submit on behalf of older applicants.
        Thanks for the information it help me
        Last edited by Grady0210; 02-22-2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X