B2 Visa for a divorcee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa for a divorcee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My parents, sister and nephew will be applying for a B2 visa soon.
    My sister is 35 years old and is divorced.
    My parents will sponsoring themselves and can also pay for my sisters expenses.
    My sister has enough funds in her bank account to pay for her own expenses.

Do you think she would be better off showing herself sponsored by her father or herself? She has never worked and the funds in her account are because of the settlement money received after the divorce. My nephew is 5 years old and goes to school in India.
    In your opinion do you think the consulate officer might reject her visa because she is using a portion of her settlement money on the trip?

I think that is something they should ideally not care about since it is upto anyone how they want to use their money.

Also, my parents have substantial assets in India and the trip to the US is primarily for them to visit me and also take my nephew to Disney...do you think they might consider my sister as a potential immigrant?

I would appreciate your advice, my parents and sister donot want to move to the US at all. My father because his business is completely dependent on him and my sister because she has invested a sizeable amount in my nephews name in India, my nephew goes to school there and since my nephew's father is in India who she wants to have a regular relationship with his son..

She can use her money however she wants. If she can take care of her expenses herself, that is best.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X