Visitor VIsa extension beyond 1 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor VIsa extension beyond 1 year

My Parents came to US last September and I got their visa extended in March due to Covid . Now that there is no change in situation, esp with flights to India and also them being in high risk age group. I would like to extend their stay for another 6 months.

is it possible to extend?
    WOuld there be any downside effect?

Originally posted by jonnasn View Post
    My Parents came to US last September and I got their visa extended in March due to Covid . Now that there is no change in situation, esp with flights to India and also them being in high risk age group. I would like to extend their stay for another 6 months.

is it possible to extend?
    WOuld there be any downside effect?
    Please note that I applied their 1st extension in March and I didnt get any approval nor rejection yet.

Comment

No Flights to India - Apart from Vande Bharat Mission (AirIndia), United also offers flights to India. So that cannot be used as an excuse
      Them being high risk - they need to take precautions while they travel. No different that that what every other responsible adult is expected to do.

B2 Extension - The maximum extension allowed cannot exceed 1 year. Looks like they were admitted for 6 months and you already filed for another 6 month extension (pending)
      It is not possible to file for another extension.
      The only option is a change of status (if you are a USC, you can file for their greencard)

I would recommend that they leave before the date of the pending B2 extension request.
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X