Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor visa review status, what does that mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa review status, what does that mean?

My parents have a 10 yr multiple entry visa that is due to expire this month end(July 27th, 2010). They applied for a visa this month and were able to get an inerview at the Hyderabad consulate on the 6th of July. The visa officer questioned them about their extension of stay on their current visa. We extended their stay on one of their visits(in 2002). They left the country before they got the approval letter. They have the application for the extension of stay and the approval letter with their documents and actually made a trip in 2005 without any problems. My father tried to explain these details to the officer, but she was not very patient. She took their passports and the documents and told them that she is going to review them. When my father asked how long it might take, she just said she doesn't know. What does this mean? We did not get an approval, rejection or a 221g. How long can they hang on to their passports and documents?

Just wait to hear from them. Timings vary.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I am curious how long it can take as they might want to travel to another country and need passports to get visa.

Comment

As I said, timings vary.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X