Interesting scenario...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting scenario...

I'm planning to apply visitor visa for both my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I'm thinking of sending them separately for the interview as one of my friends suggested that getting visa for my sister-in-law is very critical as she has just finished her college and might potentially affect my mother-in-law's case also. I need your valuable suggestion on how to approach this situation.
    Father-in-law : Working
    Brother-in-law : Studying
    Is anyone of age group 20-25 recently got visitor visa? Pls share your details.
    Thanks in advance.

Yes, MIL and SIL should go separately.

People that young rarely get visitor visa.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

should they state on form

if they go seperately..the is a space on the ds-156 that asks who is traveling with you...should they leave that blank also? can they not track that both have applied for visiters visa?

Comment

Well, thatz a good question. I think, When my MIL goes for the interview just leave that question blank and when my SIL goes (now, imagine my MIL already approved) for interview should mention that shez travelling with MOM.

Comment

You don't have to write about sister-in-law in mother-in-law's application. And vice versa.

They are free to travel together later. There is no restriction on that.
          Immihelp Support

Comment

You'd still have to mention it in response to Question# 9

on the affidavit (I-134) - "That I have previously submitted Affidavit Of Support for the following person(s)".....
            I believe you have to mention in your SIL's I-134 that you have filled a similar one for your MIL. I don't see how you can get around that.

Comment

yes, you still have to answer that truthfully.

And they will come to know. But I don't any see any problem in that.

The reason I say you don't have write who is traveling with you is that they don't necessarily have to travel together.
              Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X