tourist visa holder w/US Army fiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tourist visa holder w/US Army fiance

Hi, I am a holder of 10 year-multiple tourist visa, and was in fact, in US Midwest for almost 6 months last year, with my beau of 8 yrs.
    He recently graduated from the AIT of the US Army, and had finally obtained his US citizenship. He will be reporting to his duty station this week.

We have been discussing marriage for almost 6 years now; and although we do not have any formal engagement, we both have valid proofs of our 8 yr commitment, 4 yrs of which is overseas/ long distance relationship. We are both anxious and excited to start a family of our own, but unsure on how to proceed with our plans.

Would an alien fiancée still apply to a woman who is already in US grounds, or is there another type of visa for that? Will I need to change my visa type if he petitions me as a fiancée while I am in the US? Are there any rules for new US citizens in petitioning a fiancée? Is it better to petition the woman while she is in her home country; are there any expedited benefits for military members? These are some questions that we have to tackle since it is highly improbable that he can travel to our home country this year. Time is of essence, since he may be deployed anytime soon and we are not very young anymore – I am in my mid 30’s and him, 42.

Thank you very much for all your insight and advice.

If you are already in the US, you don't need fiancee visa. Just get married and he can file your green card and you can stay.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X