worried bride to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried bride to be

I am getting married in June '05 in Maryland, USA. I need to get the visitors visas for my future mother-in-law, and brother in law. My future husband is an H-1 holder and i a a natural born citizen. My biggest concern is that my brother in law was an IT major and is working with a company in banglore. He has no plans to immigrate here but would just like to visit us and attend our marriage. both my fiance and I will be devastated if his mother and brother cannot make it. I would like to know which is the best way to approach the visa office. here is my info.

1. They are applying in Chennai Councilate

2. My father is sponsering them
    (he is a naturalized citizen for 20+ years will be sponsering them since he has sponsered many people for visa before (who have all gone back to india and not immigrated here).) i do not have exact dates these petitions were filed but i do have years and months.

3.I have already had a registered marriage. But my future husband has not filed for green card as of yet.

4. My brother in laws name appears as a partner in his fathers company which is now being run by fathers younger brothers.

5. All land is in their late fathers name.

My questions are.

1.Should they say they is coming for the marriage or just for a visit?

2.Should my brother in law show that he works for the banglore IT company or should he put the family business?

3. Should i ask my fiance to also provide an afidavit as to why he is not sponsering them. with all his details?

4. My father has an electrical contracting company. (but brother in law never did engineering. he was bcom then comp sci. ) will this be a problem?

5. I have worked for US govt and have contact with a couple senators that would vouch for their credibility. I have heard this helps. Should i use those contacts immediately or wait in case they get rejected?

4. Besides what the consulate asks for what other information should i provide to help ensure that he gets the visa?

Any help you can give me will be GREATLY GREATLY Appreciated.
    Take care,
    Worried bride to be.
    Last edited by worriedbridetobe; 01-10-2005, 11:54 PM. Reason: wrong title

undefinedBelow are the response in the order you asked:undefined

My questions are.

1.Should they say they is coming for the marriage or just for a visit?
    undefined YES, THEY SHOULD SAY THAT THEY ARE COMING FOR YOUR MARRIAGE.
    2.Should my brother in law show that he works for the banglore IT company or should he put the family business?
    HE SHOULD SHOW THAT HE IS WORKING AND ALSO PARTNER OF HIS FATHER'S BUSINESS
    3. Should i ask my fiance to also provide an afidavit as to why he is not sponsering them. with all his details?
    YES THAT CAN HELP
    4. My father has an electrical contracting company. (but brother in law never did engineering. he was bcom then comp sci. ) will this be a problem?
    NO
    5. I have worked for US govt and have contact with a couple senators that would vouch for their credibility. I have heard this helps. Should i use those contacts immediately or wait in case they get rejected?
    YES IT WOULD STRENTHEN THE CASE
    4. Besides what the consulate asks for what other information should i provide to help ensure that he gets the visa?
    PROOF THAT THEY WILL BE RETURNING TO THEIR HOME COUNTRY AFTER THE MARRIAGE.

Comment

hello

Yes,
      They should say that there son in getting married...and plus y r your father applying son should apply by themselves as he is on H1B Visa.
      He can show all the proof of the cermony taking place at xyz,,,,,,,,,hotel a letter from pandit asking parents r needed in this cultural event.
      I undergo the same situation coz i didn't apply myself my uncle applied for my parents and they got refused.
      So please go by your husbands way not by your father coz in emmbasy they put more emphasize on relations.
      Your father and father in law have no relations.
      Rest upto u....
      My parents applied from Delhi.
      From where r your inlaws going to apply?
      Thanks,
      Kavita.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X