Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Extensions for Parents due to Pandemic

Hi Team,
    Our parents came in B2 visa during Jul 2019. They did their 1st extension during the month of Jan 2020 and it got approved till Jul 2020. Then due to spike in Covid, we did another extension to stay till Jan 2021 and it is still in progress, no updates from USCIS yet. Since the cases are going high and no direct flights to destination, is it ok to do one more extension? how it impacts future travel to US in B2 category, Your response might help deciding their travel plans. Please help!

Thanks!

Hi, I have a similar question. My parents came in December 2019. We applied for 6-month extension in May 2020 which got approved couple of weeks ago. But, given the rise of COVID cases, we plan to ask for another 6-month extension in the next couple of weeks. Is it OK to ask for an extension given their total stay will be more than 1 year under these circumstances? Kindly let me know. Thank you for your help in advance.

Comment

I have the same question regarding my Mom's B2 visa extension... I hope someone can help me here...

1. My Mom came to the United States on Feb 29th 2020 on B2 VISA. She got her I 94 valid till August 28th 2020.

2. Due to Covid 19 she was not able to make it back to India as planned, so I applied via online portal for her extension on June 20, 2020. In this petition I requested to extend her stay for 4 more months...

3. I got the receipt for that... not approved yet

4. Now we are approaching the end of 4 months, I would like to extend it one more time, but this time I would like to extend it for 6 months...

5. This crosses 12 months of stay in US...

Due to Covid-19 I heard USCIS is allowing people like my Mom to stay here... But please correct me and please let me know the process of how to apply for second extension for my Mom...

Comment

We are in the same situation. We have NOT got a reply on our first extension; but want to apply for a second extension. Any help/suggestion regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
        1. Can we even apply for second extension as our I-94 date has expired (because of no reply on first extension).
        2. Will this cause any problems for future travel or renewals.

Comment

If it still in the process I think its okay for the extension. because the entire world has affected due to COvID-19 Pandemic. One of my friend is facing the same troubles she called her family in Jan 2020 but due to this pendamic his family was not able to back to India. He requested for the extension of her family but I suggested him for her family document apostille from India so he will not face any trouble to get the extension.
          Last edited by ceci1073; 12-09-2020, 10:31 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X