Birth certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth certificate

I want to sponsor my parents to visit USA on B2 visa.
    I was born at home in a small village in Andhra and my parents never got a birth certificate made for me. I am here on H visa. until now,the school leaving certificate of mine used to serve the purpose of birth certificate. Since my parents live in Mumbai and will apply from Mumbai for visa, can they produce my school leaving certificate instead of my birth certificate. Or can i get a birth certificate made from indian consulate in USA and send that as my birth certificate. Kindly advise. Thanks in advance

I don't believe your birth certificate is required at the

time of the interview. If you hold an Indian passport, you would be required to send copies of all pages of the same. The back pages show the names of your parents and that would be sufficient as proof of relationship, if that's your intent.

You could always get your mother to go to her local court or municipal office with a copy of your school certificate and sign an affidavit stating your date and place of birth. That should be acceptable at the consulate.

Comment

Child's birth certificate is required if applying from Mumbai.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp
        Child's birth certificate is required if applying from Mumbai.
        Thanks Immihelp. But, I already know child's birth certificate is required for parents to apply in Mumbai. What I would like to know is whether a birth certificate obtained from Consulate General of India in USA is acceptable as a valid one at US consulate in Mumbai. If so, I will obtain one and send it otherwise I will have to ask my father to get some affidavit prepared I guess. Please advise on this specifically.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X