came back from usa want to reapply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• came back from usa want to reapply

i applied for a visitors visa last year and got a one year multiple entry visa. i went to US last year and came back after about 20 days. my visa is expiring in feb 2005. i want to reapply but am not sure if i'll get it again.i am 24 yrs old and am a student.will i get a visa easily.will it be a 10yrs visa.coz they say that people who have got a visa before and have travelled usually get a ten or five year visa.please answer my query.

If you want to enter before your visa expires in Feb 20065, you can do that without reapplying.

Otherwise, apply again. Read about documents at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

please help again

thanks for a prompt reply.but if you could answer another query, since my visa is expiring in feb 2005 and i have no plans to go to US till then, can you please advise if i will get a visa again if i apply for a visitor visa after feb 2005.nad if yes then for how much duration.

Comment

That really depends. I or no one can tell you whether you will get or for how long.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

one last question

thanks again for a prompt reply, but i have one last question. when i applied for the visa for the first time i read many experiences in your experiences section, where people said that they applied for a visa once their first visa expired and they got a long term visa.my question is that is there a way you could help me locate those experiences of people on this website.
          thanks anyway

Comment

http://www.immihelp.com/experience/r...do?category=29
            Immihelp Support

Comment

Having visited the US once before does not guarantee

a 5 or 10-yr visa the second time you apply. My mother had a 6-month visa the first time around and she returned to India in 5 months. She applied a second time after about 6 years and she was granted a 2-yr visa.

I have read some postings here that suggested that folks that have been here multiple times without violating visa rules were rejected when they re-applied. Even those that had never sought an extension.

I guess it all depends on the current circumstances of the sponsor and the visitor.
              Last edited by shyna; 01-21-2005, 02:35 PM.

Comment

yes they are strange

some cases really amaze me.infact one very strange thing that i found out when i went to US for the first time was that the department of homeland security US do not check who is going out of their country.when i was going to board the plane at the dulles international airport in washington dc, it occured to me that they had not kept a record of my passport or visa since i was leaving their country, i asked one of the guys of DHS and he said that stamp is put only when you enter and not when you leave the country.
                So i think it is only when you re apply for the visa in your parent counrty that the embassy people come to know that the person is actually back from their country.
                anyway thanks for the reply,even i have heard that the consulate people are very unpredictable,in fact when i applied they gave me a one year visa wheras a friend of mine with exactly the same profiel recieved a visa for five years. so it all depends on the visa officer.
                keep posting bye

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X