Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return ticket for visitor visa

Hi

I am planning to bring my mother here in USA for short period of time and she has already got 2 years of visa stamped there. However I am not sure how many month's visa she will get at the port of entry. My friend is comming on specific date so my plan is to bring her with him and while returning she can go with us when we will be going back there on vacation after 4-6months latter. As our vacation date is not confirm as of now therefore I am hesitating to buy return ticket for her in advance also so that I can bargain with different airlines for returning for all of us together.

Will she have any problem if I purchased two one sided ticket ( one for comming and another for returning with returning ticket as full refund instead of 1 discounted ticket for both side journey for her) ? In this case I may have to pay large amount for her returning ticket as it will be full refunded ticket but I can get my refund in some time after she entered USA and then I can buy cheapest both sided ticket for all of us with her as only retun ticket on that specific date with that specific airlines. Is it leagly valid ? If I go with this approach did she may have any issue to get port of entry visa ?

Some one advise me that you must have same airlines two & frow ticket, if you are comming on visitor visa. Is it true ?

I would really apprecite any valuable advise in this regard.

Thanks,

You should have a return ticket if coming on visitor visa.

It can be from same or different airline. But you have to purchase it before she enters US.

Is there really a full refund ticket? I don't think so. I would recommend to check again with airline/travel agent.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Delta airlines

My travel agent suggested me to get a ticket from Delta airlines. I spoke with Delta airlines representatives a couple of times and they said the fare is "fully refundable". Double check with them 2-3 times. Each time when you call them a different customer service representative answers the phone, so better call several times to be able to check with several people to confirm. The "full fare" for one-way ticket will be approximately some $1800 I think. But, it is worth getting it in your scenario.

(actually I was sailing in the same boat as yours and hence enquired about this option very thoroughly. But, my mom's visa was rejected, so stopped thinking about tickets now. But, you could count on my advice because I spoke with several travel agents and several CSR reps from Delta).

Would you please do all of us a favor. Once your mom reaches USA, would you please post your experience at the port of entry and with the "fully refundable" ticket - Please. That would help people like me sailing in the same boat as yours.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X