Parents and Inlaws applying together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents and Inlaws applying together

My parents and inlaws are applying for their visitars visa together at Chennai.
    I have a few questions. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

1. Is it okay for them to apply together. Or would separate interviews be better?

2. My (dependent) brother is in India. So that is good for my parents.
    But my in-laws have three children and all are in the US. Does this hurt their chances at getting a visa? (My FIL is employed as an university professor)
    Will telling the interviewer that only their eldest son (my husband) is married, younger son and daugter are unmarried help mitigate the situation?

3. If my parents are asked about the number of relatives in US, do they just mention me, or do they have to mention my husband's siblings as well? I don't know if they can avoid mentioning it, because after all, my parents and in-laws are going to the interview together, which brings me back to question no.1

4. My husband is sponsoring the visa for my in-laws. Do we still have to send his brother's and sister's passport copies to my in-laws to take with them?

I hope my questions are clear and I do hope you can help me
    Thanks much.

Got the answer for one question...

Ok, I just found the answer for question 4, in a post elsewhere. I would need to send passport, and legal status documentation for my husband's siblings.

Comment

1. It is one interview per family. Therefore, 1 for parents and 1 for in-laws.

2. It can potentially be problematic. But always tell truth.

3. Your husband's siblings are not really your parents' relatives. (In broad terms, it is yes. But for visa purposes, it is no.)

4. no

Before they come to US, consider buying visitor medical insurance for them, available for instant purchase at https://www.insubuy.com
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks..

Thanks for the advice. I will keep you posted. And if everything goes alright, I will definitely consider buying medical insurance from you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X