new to visitor visa...how to approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to visitor visa...how to approach

So my girlfriend of S. Korea wants to come to U.S to visit me, but she is really worried that they will deny her.

We have gone through different websites, and all give either different information, or dont give us positive feelings about this.

So this is her situation:
    -23 yr old female
    -recently graduated University, so no longer a student
    -has been to U.S as exchange student last year
    -her occupation is tutoring, so she takes cash..meaning it's not like a real job that is on tax papers for proof
    -she has been living in the school dorm since university, and now live w/ relatives, so she doesn't have a apartment of her own.
    -financially, she is not rich.....and her folks, who do not live with her, are not rich either

my situation:
    -USC
    -Live w/ parents
    -want to be sponsor for her IF possible.

ok, so we have been searching the internent, and found a bunch of mix answrs. Some say that since she is no longer a student, it will be harder for her to come, and some say that she needs a minimum $$ in her bank account for her to come. and blah blah blah.

Some sites say that the rate of success for B1 last year was 93%, and some say that it is hard to convince the officer to let her in.

what do I do? I dont know how we should approach this. Based on her situation, does she have a lesser advantage?

Some sites to say to buy the airplane ticket first.....round trip, to show.

anyone have any experiences on how to approach this carefully?

my gf also said that it is better to apply as soon as after you graduate....because non-students have disadvantage?

read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

If you are a US citizen, why not get married and apply for her green card. Just a thought..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X