queries on mother's visitor's visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queries on mother's visitor's visa

my mother applied for her visitor's visa on the 19th of january 2005. her visa was rejected on unexplained grounds. she is 50 years old. her documents supported the fact that she merely wanted to visit US as a tourist. she also offered documents stating that my husband(her son in law) is her sponsor for the time she will be in the country. she reportedly told the counselor that she wanted to visit her daughter and son in law and also see the places of attraction here on our expenses for a period of not more than 6 months.
    the counselor overlooked the property documents as well as the fact that she was leaving her husband back in india.
    my husband and me are on L1A and L2 visa respectively and our visa expires on august 2005. the company of my husband is however contemplating an extension which would then enable us to stay here for 2 more years.
    my questions are:
    1. can my mother re apply for her visa? if yes, then is there a time limit she should have to wait before reapplying?
    2. what are the chances that she might get it accepted this time?
    3.can i offer any other documents which might help my mother to reapply?
    4.could the fact that she could not speak english and had taken the help of an interpretor been of any disadvantage?
    5. can i speak to the US Consulate in Philadelphia and make it a little easier for my mother? if yes, then what exactly is the procedure and what do i tell them?
    6. lastly, reading through the experiences of other people on this site, i just want to know how should my mother instill confidence into the counselor that she does not intend to stay here for more than the visa or the I-94 period?

1. Whenever she wants.
    2. Really difficult to predict.
    3. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    4. May be.
    5.There is no US consulate within US. Always outside US.
    6. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X