My in laws got the visa ! I think ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My in laws got the visa ! I think ...

Thanks a lot to immihelp for all the help I received from the site. This site has more than enough info for the visa stuff.

Interview was scheduled at 10:30am on Jan-20-2005. My FIL is a retired teacher and my MIL is a house wife. They own a house and have 3 daughters. 2 of them are married. Eldest is married and lives in india. Yougest is studying in india. We speak Kannada and they had a translator which they did not have to use much during interview. I was the sponsor for both my in-laws.

Here is how the interview went

As soon as they were called, both my in-laws greeted the officer at the counter with a 'good morning' and the officer smiled at them.

Q1:Where does your son-in-law work ?
    Ans: 'He works for xyx company in new york'

Q2:How many children do you have ?
    Ans: 'Three daughters. Eldest is married and yougest is the dependent unmarried daughter studying in india.' ( being an english teacher, my FIL was good in communicating with the officer )

Q3:Show me the sponsor docs.
    My MIL gave them all the docs I had sent as listed on this website. I had a cover letter to indicate the order of documents. I had also used postit to label each stapled document.

Q4:Officer went through bank letter, employment letter and my home deed (I own a home in NY). Officer displayed the colored green card copy of my wife to my FIL and asked 'Is this your daughter' ?
    Ans: Yes.

5:Officer then looked at my passport copies. I had made color copies of the first and last few pages of my old and new poassport. Officer compared the two copies and cracked some joke, which my in laws did not understand. They just smiled. Officer then asked a single word question 'son' ?
    Ans: My FIL said 'No, its my son-in-law'. Officer then corrected himself. Officer said something to the translator, dont know what he said. After that the translator asked them to pay the fees. Both my in-laws thanked the officer.

They took the finger prints of both my in-laws during the interview itself.

During the entire interview they did not say that they were granted the visa. My in-laws and I are _assuming_ that they got the visa because they were made to pay the fees and were told that they would get their passports in 3 days.

Good luck to you all.

---

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X