Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on B2 visitor visa

Hi,

I have a B1 visa and I am travelling to New Jersey for a month. I want to take my wife also and we have applied for a B2 visa. My wife's sister who lives in detroit has sent the invitation letter for my Wife's B2 visa along with other required documents. The address we mentioned is detroit address as the place where she stays. My question is that, at the immigration will my wife be questioned if she enters NJ as port of entry rather than detroit?

Another question is that can we go together at the immigration officer and tell the officer that she stays with me for few days at NJ before going to detroit to meet her sister. In DS-160 form, we filled it saying she is going alone and no one is accompanying her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Karthik

1) May not. If asked, explain the reason you have.
    2) Yes, you can do that, if asked.

Comment

Thanks SK4ih for the info. I have a few more questions here. It would be great if you could clear my doubts.

1.Do i need any documents stating that my wife is travelling with me or a B2 visa is good enough?

2. You asked me to explain the reason. I am a bit confused here. Do you mean the reason is "I am on B1 and accompanied my wife to NJ and hence she will be staying with me in NJ and later on go to Detroit after a week".

3. Should i carry the tickets to detroit from New Jersey for a proof or can i just say that we will book the tickets later on?

Thanks,
      Karthik

Comment

1. No docs required.
        2. Yes. Always speak truth.
        3. No tickets required.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...