Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I94 expired for B2 visa & extension receipt number yet to receive !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 expired for B2 visa & extension receipt number yet to receive !

My parents travelled from India to New Jersey on Non 7th 2020 and their I-94 expires on May 7th 2021 i.e today. Because of the current pandemic situation in India, we have decided to extend their stay. For which, we have applied for extension (paper-based) on 28th April 2021. The application was delivered to USCIS Texas on 29th April. However, we didn't receive the receipt number for the application yet.

As their I-94 expires today and receipt # is not yet received, can you please confirm if they are good to stay till the receipt# comes?

Hi,
    Typically no.. Since you confirmed that, Petition is reached to USCIS office before I-94 expires that should be good. But please keep in mind, you must have taken action at least one month before to avoid such concerns..
    Thanks

Comment

They are good to stay if it turns out that, when you receive the receipt, it says the "received date" was on or before May 7. Since you haven't received the receipt, we don't know exactly what the "received date" will be, but it is a good bet it will be within a day or two of April 29, and so will be before May 7.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X