Parents' visitor visa rejected because I am the only child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents' visitor visa rejected because I am the only child

My parents visa was rejected at Mumbai consulate under section 214B. They were not given a specified reason for the same. The questions asked were as follows:

1) Why do you want to go to USA? My mother replied for tourism and to spend time with her daughter and son in law.
    2) What does your daughter do? Reply: she is a speech therapist They were asked what they do and my mom said that they both were retired.
    3) When did she go to USA? For some strange reason she was asked this question twice. I went there 1 and a half years ago in 2009.
    4) Who will incur the expense for your trip? Reply: we are sponsoring our own trip.
    5) how many children do you have? Reply: I have only one daughter. At this poing the VO's expression changed.My mother was asked this questions again.
    6) explain specifically how you are going to pay for trip? I had told my mother not to volunteer any information until asked. So instead of explaining their properties and assets in detail she just said I have got my retirement dues and I am going to spent some of it for this trip. At this poing the VO returned their passports by saying they can not get their visa.

They were very dejected and so was I!! I was really looking forward to their trip. I am planning to reapply for the visa. I have a few questions.

1) How long before I apply for the visa again?
    2) Will it help if I sponsor only my mother's visa first? This time they both applied for the visa and everything is in the records. will it affect the application of only my mother first? this way I can demonstrate that my father is back in India and she WILL come back.
    3) What other precautions can I take to make sure that they get the visa this time?
    4) This time I am planning to sponsor them / her. Will that help.

Please help me...

1. At any time.
    2. May not matter.
    3. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-re...lication-tips/
    4. It may.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X