Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future B1 (Visitor) Visa....

Hi all,

I'm in the US for the past 5 years in H1B Visa. I'm planning to go to India for good in, say, 2 or 3 of years or so (max);

My greencard (GC) is in progress, but I didn't even get PERM (I applied more than 1.5 years now) and my case is put on some audit or something. So I have no hopes at all in my greencard. Nevertheless since my plan is to be here for just 2 or 3 more years only, as long as I get my H1B extensions for the next couple of years I'm fine - no worries on my GC process.

I'm still interested to visit US in the future (say after 6-7 years). Just "visit", stay for few months etc. So coming to the question, since I have already been in the US with H1B, applied for Greencard etc, will getting B1 (Visitor) visa be difficult for me? Will my current stay raise question (or possibly denial) for my future visitor visa?

Please share your ideas & experiences.

Thanks,
    RR

That depends upon your situation at that time.

If you can prove that you have strong ties to your home country at that time and you can convince that you will go back and want to come to the U.S. only to visit, you can still get visa.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X