Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second travel to US within in 1 year

Hi Folks,
    My MIL was in US from Sep to Mar 2010. Now she is planning to come back to US first week of Sep-2010, to stay for 6 months. We are expecting our first child soon, hence she is coming to help us

Questions:
    1. Since she is travelling back to US in short period, what are the typical questions asked at POE
    2. What are the documents required at POE
    3. "Traveling to help us with our baby" - Is it a valid reason for the travel ? I have heard from friends that this is not considered valid, hence wondering how it should be reasoned.

Thanks
    Dilip

Originally posted by dilipkumartr View Post
    Hi Folks,
    My MIL was in US from Sep to Mar 2010. Now she is planning to come back to US first week of Sep-2010, to stay for 6 months. We are expecting our first child soon, hence she is coming to help us

Questions:
    1. Since she is travelling back to US in short period, what are the typical questions asked at POE
    2. What are the documents required at POE
    3. "Traveling to help us with our baby" - Is it a valid reason for the travel ? I have heard from friends that this is not considered valid, hence wondering how it should be reasoned.

Thanks
    Dilip
    1. A visitor is expected to stay in his/her home country more than what he/she stayed in USA before coming again. Since she is coming againso soon, she is expected to be asked why she is coming so soon.
    2.No extra documents are required. What she carried in her earlier visit, the same need to be required.
    3.Traveling to help you with your baby is not the valid reason. US hospitals are so well organised, no need for any out side help.
    Most likely she will get a restricted stay at POE by the IO. If the IO is an accomadative person, he may also give a 6 months stay. It all depends on how your mother answers the IO and your luck.
    Good luck to you all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X