Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel from India to USA

Hello,

Me and my wife are in US on H1-B/H4 visa. I am trying to get my in-laws into the US to help us out. My in-laws have visitor visa and their tickets were booked from India to US for May, 14th, but due to the travel ban, their tickets were cancelled and had to be rebooked. Now, is it possible for them to travel in case we book their flight from India to Doha, quarantine in Doha for 14 days and then travel to US from Doha? I had few questions here:

Can this itinerary work to get my in-laws here?
    Since my in-laws will not be in India for 14 days, will they be allowed in US?
    Do my in-laws need visa to stay in Doha for 14 days or they are exempted from this?

Thanks

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Can this itinerary work to get my in-laws here?
    Answer: As per the proclamation, 14 days are considerable. So, you can try this way to travel to USA.
    Since my in-laws will not be in India for 14 days, will they be allowed in US?
    Answer: Some people tries this way and entered US without having any issues.
    Do my in-laws need visa to stay in Doha for 14 days or they are exempted from this?
    Answer: I am not sure about this.. You can check with concern country embassy.
    Thanks

Comment

Another problem will still exist for you now - restrictions on entry into the United States from India due to the covid-19 pandemic. As far as I know, exceptions are made for several categories of people, including professionals who work in the field of combating the pandemic, who go to the United States at the invitation of the federal government, and possibly for some other categories of people. Also, if you suddenly managed to get to the USA, the STEP program will help you in the future, about which you can read in more detail in the article about travel smart tips. The only thing I will say is that it gives the State Department your information and lets them know where US citizens are located around the world. In an emergency, the Department of State will be able to contact you directly and help you get back home.
      Last edited by Smokestestack; 07-18-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokestestack View Post
        Another problem will still exist for you now - restrictions on entry into the United States from India due to the covid-19 pandemic.
        I don't think there are any restrictions anymore.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Can this itinerary work to get my in-laws here? panoramacharter.ltd
          19216811.bid

Last edited by nickycruze2; 09-07-2022, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Any update on this topic ?
            This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X