Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2 to eb2

Hello everyone,

I am currently staying in US on a E2 visa. Can I self petition to change status from E2 to EB2? It is understood that E2 visa holders general are not allowed to have dual-intents for immigration purpose. How do I overcome it?
    If this option is viable,how good my qualification in order to qualify the NIW? A brief info on me:
    • Engineering Master Degree from a New Zealand University.
    • Worked for multinational company for years as a senior mechanical designer engineer
    • Currently in US as a E2 investor, However, the business I am running now here is not related to my trade field as a mechanical engineer.
    • Most recently I purchased a land lot to build a startup here, which will be a R&D company.
    • I can be a member of American Mechanical engineer if that is beneficial for the application of NIW
    Thanks for your help.

Ian
    Last edited by zhzgf501; 06-16-2021, 01:13 AM.

Hi,
    As you mentioned E2 is prohibiting intent to immigrant to the USA. But, there is some way to file Immigrant petition. Among the option, we have a better option to consider NIW. I advise you to discuss with Immigration Attorney for better process..
    But, I can give some overview.
    When you consider NIW, Please consider below criteria and make sure you are eligible for this.
    1. The foreign national’s proposed endeavor has both substantial merit and national importance;
    2. The foreign national is well-positioned to advance the proposed endeavor;
    3. On balance, it would be beneficial to the U.S. to waive the job offer and labor certification requirements of the EB-2 category.
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks rkk09

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X