Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Visitor visa for parents

Hi,

Parents visitor visa expired 3 years ago. We need to apply for their visa again. Is the Chennai consulate open and taking appointments?

Any feedback regarding new visa application would be great.

Thanks

Hi,
    U.S. Embassy New Delhi and the U.S. Consulates in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai are open for limited visa appointments. You can start processing the application and check about appointment availability at ustraveldocs web page.
    Thanks

Comment

Thank you very much for you response, we will check it.

Comment

Hi, Did you book the appointment for visitor visa?

Hi rkk09, limited visa appointments includes only expedited visa appointments or normal appointments as well. SHall i pay the visa fee and look for appointments?

Comment

Hi,
          As of today( July 06, 2021) consulates/ embassy is accepting visa appointments on both normal and emergency.. But dates are not near by. You can go ahead and process for appointment booking.
          Thanks.

Comment

@vidskars @rkk09 Guys - can you please help me in detail with this information as I need to apply B1/B2 visa for my parents for the first time. Here are my queries -

1. Is Delhi embassy open?
            2. After submitting DS160, Can I look for Delhi Embassy appointment for my parents?
            3. For Delhi, do you know how much wait are we seeing here?
            4. In case of appointment reschedule, would it be possible?

Comment

Hi,
              Please see my Answers below.
              1. Is Delhi embassy open?
              Answer: Yes. I heard, now they consider for emergency appointments and limited drop box appointment quickly. For normal appointments, you can complete all the process and look for the dates.
              2. After submitting DS160, Can I look for Delhi Embassy appointment for my parents?
              Answer: Once you submit the DS 160 and create account in ustraveldocs page, make visa payment then you can see earliest available dates for appointment booking.
              3. For Delhi, do you know how much wait are we seeing here?
              Answer: I dont have direct experience. But some are saying after October. But, you can keep checking for earliest dates.
              4. In case of appointment reschedule, would it be possible?
              Answer: Yes. Of course.
              Thanks

Comment

So, Limited drop box option wont work as they are applying visa for the first time. And I am sure that "emergency appointments" category is not something which I would like to use. Don't want to crowd the line when there would thousands of people who need this appointment for a real emergency purpose.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X