Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Visitor visa for family members, while USA K1 visa of sister is under processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Visitor visa for family members, while USA K1 visa of sister is under processing

Has anyone expedited visitor visa for USA during covid times. I am K1 visa(fiancé of US citizen) beneficiary and my brother and sister-in-law (both PR holders of Canada) had applied for B2 visa for US last year 2020. Every since then their interview keeps on getting canceled each time its due. They have interview in Dec in Calgary as we could not find earlier dates this year in Toronto where we live.
    I have my K1 interview in August end and marriage is in Oct in USA. Other than my parents, my brother and sister in-law(if they get visa) are the only people from my side attending the marriage in USA. Has anyone expedited visitor visa for family members in similar situation or so and if you can share experience how did that go. I know from what I read on official website, that marriages would not be considered for expedite request but I want to really give it one shot. Any thoughts or suggestions for our situation would really appreciate.

Hi,
    As you mentioned, purpose of the marriage can not be considered under emergency travel.. But if you feel and try it once, you just go ahead for normal schedule. Once you make all the arrangements under Normal schedule, then you can consider expedited appointment..
    I just sharing embassy requirement on expedited appointment.
    Applicants can request an expedited appointment through our online appointment system at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/expe...pointment.html. You must already have a confirmed interview appointment date in order to request an expedited appointment. If your emergency appointment request is approved, you will be notified with instructions via email. You should not cancel your existing appointment unless you receive a confirmation that your request for an emergency appointment has been approved. If you have not yet received an approval or denial, your request is still under consideration.
    Some people has achieved in this matter but some request had been rejected too. As you prefer, you can just try and send email to embassy with the strong reason and explanation.
    All the best.
    Thanks
    Last edited by rkk09; 07-12-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

rkk09 Thanks for your reply. Yes I am planning to submit the online expedite request from https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv and wait to see how it goes. Are you suggesting to even send email to embassy, if so should I email the embassy at Toronto where I want to get expedited interview date. Online form only allows to add 500 characters explanation and date and time for the interview no other supporting docs can be attached from what I could see. Currently the only appointment we could get is in Calgary in Dec, nowhere are earlier appointments available.

Comment

Hi,
        You just schedule expedited appointment through the concern portal.. Once you schedule then you will be getting email confirmation on the request like approval/denial. Once you follow expedited appointment procedure and get approval then you can schedule the appointment which will show the dates.
        Thanks

Comment

Just curious to know if applying for expedite to say consulate in Calgary has better chances of approval than Toronto. Any advice on that part, just in case someone has experience to share.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X