Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor's visa issued for parents at Hyderabad

Hi,

This forum has been very helpful for me and I thank all the people for sharing their experiences and also to Immihelp for their valuable advice.

My parents appeared for an interview at the Hyderabad Consulate on 26th Aug. The questions they were asked were:

1) Why are you going to the US?
    2) What do you do here in India? (This question was asked to both my dad and mom. Both my mom and dad are working).
    3) How many children do you have and what do they do? ( I have a younger sister who is not yet married and lives with my parents in India. So, when my father mentioned this, the officer asked him once again, if she is married or not.)
    4) What does your daughter in US do?
    5) What is her name?

They were not asked for any documents.

My parents were granted visa for 10 years.

My dad recieved his passport on 28th Aug 2010 through courier with visa issue date as 26th Aug,2010 and expiry 25th Aug, 2020.
    But my mom got her passport on 31st Aug 2010 through courier with visa issue date as 27th Aug 2010 and expiry date as 25th Aug, 2020.

My parents were concerned why my mom's visa issue date is diferent from their day of interview, but still has the same expiry date as my dad's visa.

I told them not to worry about this.

Thanks once again.

4)

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X