Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help: want to invite mother to visit me in US

Hello,

I am on H1-B visa and wants to invite my mother to visit me in US.

What is the best option to do this?

Should she go for H4 visa or B2 visa?

She is retired and has ill health and wants to come and stay with me. I guess H4 will allow her to stay with me forever while with B2 she will have limited stay.

Please advice on this.

Also, want to know if the Consulate waive the interview for elderly sick peoples considering their health issue or they still have to go for the interview. How to get the visa successfully for such situations as they would be critically evaluating each answer while the elders might say something out of emotions! Moreover, for sick elders do they provide any priority or its one line for all?

Your answer and guidance will be of great help.

Thanks and regards,

Arani

She can not get H4 visa. It is only for spouse and minor children.

If she is sick, I would strongly advise that she does not travel to the U.S. at all. Medical expenses are very high in the U.S. and you would not get any insurance to pay for it. You will have to take care all of those expenses yourself.

If she still wants to come, she can not waive any interviews. In fact, if she is sick, her B2 visa may be rejected on that basis alone.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

H4 is only for spouse and children (I think so!) for a valid H1b holder. Parents are not covered under this. So you mom will have to apply for B2- visitor. Depending on the criticality of her illness, there may be some issue with her visa. But if it just regular illness and other things related to age, she shud be fine.

Comment

If she is sick, even if she gets visa and even if she is able to travel, I would not advise that she come to the U.S. at all.

If it were my mother, I would not invite her at all in this situation, no matter how much I loved her, because it is like committing suicide.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X