Can I extend B2 tourist visa in this case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I extend B2 tourist visa in this case

My sister's boyfriend came into the US last night on a tourist visa planning on spending almost the full 6 months the visa allows. For context, they've been together for almost 3 years and she is a US citizen. He said he was coming for vacationing and tourism as they plan to travel around the US, however, the immigration officer did not believe him and told him he could only stay for 1 month. On a side note he did have a returning flight as well. They are very sad as they had a lot of plans and were planning on spending as much time together before he had to go back to college My question is, is the 1 month restriction extendable with any form? Is there any change of status or https://9apps.ooo/ any way that he can stay till January like he planned. Thank you so much guys in advance, I would love some help .
    Last edited by lailateri75; 08-17-2021, 01:48 AM.

very few people have a legit 'need' to camp out as a tourist in the US....the BF is lucky he was admitted at all...he could apply for an extension...but when CBP admits someone for a shorter period, they are saying something to their colleagues...and why would their colleagues overrule them? I doubt the BF told the CO he was going to camp out for 6 months....(and those notes were visible to the CBP officer at the POE)...
    bottom line: a tourist visa is an object of TRUST, not something to manipulate, then act surprised when such manipulation is not successful...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X