Iranian B2 Visa rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian B2 Visa rejected

I want my boyfriend to visit me in the USA, but he was denied a Visitors Visa. he is from Iran, but currently studying in Germany. He was denied due to 214(b) - he failed to provide proof that he intended to return to Germany after a brief visit. Because he is a student, he doesn't own any property in Germany, and all of his family lives in Iran. My family sent him a letter of invitation, stating he would return to Germany after his visit, but apparently that was not good enough. We have sent letters to our Senators asking for help, but I do not have much hope that will do any good. So I am asking for advice:
    -If he reapplies, would it do any good for my family to fill out an "Affidavit of Support" for him?
    -How can he prove his intention of returning to Germany? He brought to his appointment documents from his University affirming he is a student and showing his grades, but the officer did not look at them.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated by the both of us. Thank you.

1. Yes, that would help.
    2. That would be difficult to prove. If he is student in Germany, he can't have enough ties to Germany and as he does not live in Iran, it would be difficult to prove ties to Iran.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi Terra,
      can you tell me what documents you sent your friend?
      I have a friend in US that wants to send me invitation as well. So I wanted to know beside the Consulate and Invitation Letter what I ask him to send me?
      Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X