Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa for parents & brother together

Hi

I need to invite my parents & my younger brother(student & unmarried, age 22) to visit us in the US. we are planning to apply their visa together for a single visa appointment for family. the problem here is that we had applied a tourist visa for my brother in May' 2010 , which got rejected , we suspect its because they considered it as a case for immigrant since we dint have a anything to show strong ties to india for him( he being a student).

Now, this will be a reapplication for my brother but a fresh application for my parents. my question is
    1. does system allows us to take one appoints for 3 of them together under family application , even in this case where one of them is a case of reapplication
    2. if yes, is it advisable to do so.
    3. if we do so & they decide to reject my brother's visa , will they also have to reject my parents visa just because we have applied together

My parents are state govt employess & can show strong ties to India, so the chances are better for them to get visa, I just dont want their visa to get rejected just because we apply it together for 3 of them, also I feel if I apply my brother's visa separately again, they might reject it again, but with family application he has better chances of getting it.
    Last edited by pranz; 09-13-2010, 03:30 AM.

1. Yes.
    2. Very subjective.
    3. Really depends upon them.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Should we submit I -134..will that help?

In the situation I mentioned in my previous post, would it be help ful to submit I -134

If Yes, Question 10 requires me to mention my brothers name for whom visa was rejected in 1st attempt, will that create problem while my parents I 134 are being scrutinized?

Comment

1. It may help.
        2. Hard to say.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X