Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelled VISA appointment Twice - need help

Hi,

I have cancelled Visa Appointment second time (for my mom) and now it is saying my HDFC reciept on hold for 90 days and can not book until. I thought we can cancel twice but i did n't see the full instructions before

Can any one please suggest me If I pay again and take new HDFC receipt, is it possible to book the new VISA appointment or not? or is there anyway i can book with the old receipt without waiting until 90 days?

The reason to cancel: When I booked first time I forgot to take the print out of 'CEAC confirmation code receipt' because I was in hurry to book the appontment date once I booked the date then I went to this screen and trying to send that copy to my email but it said the session expired so at that time I dont have any copy to show at emabassy. next I saw the prior dates opened and then I preponed the date (with first time cancellation) wth the same CEAC confirmation code which I noted on the paper. Meanwhile I sent mail to VFS customer care and was requesting for the copy of 'CEAC confirmation code paper' they said I have to fill the new DS-160 form and and bring it, so when I filled new one I thought I have to use this new code and schedule the appt, so I cancelled and tried to schedule new Appt with this new BAR code, they it is saying, its on hold for 90 days. I did big mistake without reading the full instructions now I'm in big trouble no appt. What can I do?? Please help I want my mom to come USA whithin 1 or atleast 2 months because we are expecting our first baby in November. Please I'm helpless...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
    sri.

Yes, you can buy new one and try for an appointment immediately.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

thank you for the reply. We bought new HDFC receipt immediately now it got activated and we are waiting for the dates to open.

meanwhile I got to know from one of my friend that if we cancel second time and then if we go to nearest VFS office in person they will activate it by taking some money (around 150Rs.) in that case no need to wait 90 days. thats what he did one time.
      Now I'm more worrying that we would have try this instead of wasting the 7000Rs. actually "we called the customer care over the phone they told that its not possible to reactivate it because the system is showing 2 time cancellation, so it will get activate automatically after 90 days only". Because of that reason we didn't try to go to VFS office.

So now my question is Is there anyway 'I can get refund back any of the HDFC receipt money' or 'atleast can I use that for other person (may be to my dad)'??? With second receipt I didn't book any date yet. I heard these HDFC DD money is non-refundable and non-transferable. But I would like to check with Experts here before I take any further step, is there anyway I can avoid wasting of that money.

Any suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
      Sri.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X