Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on fresh B2 for mother

Hi All,

I am pregnant and I need my mom here. I am trying since June 2021 to get an appointment for B2 Visa and see no movement. I had an appointment in Feb 2022 for biometric and interview which got cancelled abruptly due to lack of staff ( as they communicated) Now after trying for 2 weeks, I got an appointment in Chennai for biometric and interview in Oct 2022, with a message in RED that these are just placeholder appointments and you need to book emergency appointment if applicable.

I am in a very bad situation healthwise with no support here. I need some family assistance. Also tried emergency appointment and got letters recommending that it is necessary for me to have some help from family, attached all reports etc. Within 2 hours of requesting emergency, it got denied. ( This is a fresh visa B2 application, and center is Chennai. My family is in Bangalore)

Can anyone help me if they have found success with emergency appointment?

Kind regards,
    TIA

First, it is your mother than is the one who needs to be making the appointment. However, the State Department doesn't consider the assistance of pregnant relatives to be an "emergency." If you have some additional health issues, you might have grounds.

Comment

Yes, its her account and her appointment only. I am just doing it on her behalf since she is not so internet savvy.

Medical grounds is there and that's why I could get the letter from doctors in the first place. But they didn't even look at it I am guessing because the rejection happened in a very short time. There is no dialogue here, right !

Does anyone know how to approach this situation and how to prove that this is indeed an emergency ? I have attached my reports, Dr.letters that say its high-risk, and also recommendations that I get family assistance.

Comment

Hi Member,
        As other members mentioned pregnancy reason can not be come under Emergency category. It has to go with only regular appointments.. But, I request your mother to reapply under Emergency category along with your invitation and reason, medical report and, if possible doctor can provide the letter to consulate about your situation and needing of your mother presence..
        But these are all just hoping way. Final decision is on consulate officers hand.
        All the best.
        Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your response. Well it did not work. I had letters from two doctors and all reports attached. Anyways, I don't know if trying makes any sense anymore. US embassy has issued a statement that they will not issue fresh B1/B2 till May-June 2022.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X