Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detected with cancer while on visitor visa

Hi,
    My father, while visiting the US, on a visitor visa has been detected with multiple myeloma. Is there anyone who has intention on how can he get treatment if he does not have US insurance? Also, while in ER, his biopsy reports detected the cancer. So is the hospital not obligated to treat him?

Hospital can treat him but you need to pay the bills.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

There's only obligation in the case of emergency treatments. His cancer is not likely in that category, so he will have to find money to pay. A visitor doesn't get a whole lot of access to social services in most areas of the US either.

Comment

There are a few options for your father if he does not have US insurance and needs cancer treatment. One option is to see if he qualifies for Medicaid. Medicaid is a government insurance program for low-income individuals and families. Another option is to see if any free or low-cost clinics in your area offer cancer treatment. You can also contact the American Cancer Society to see if they know of any resources to help your father. I recently read about new approaches developed concerning cancer treatment. For instance, Fenbendazole (fenbendazole.org) is recently used for chemotherapy enhancement. I hope you find a way that works for your dad.
        Last edited by PiercedenNist; 09-08-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X