Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US B2 Tourist Visa - Refugee Travel Document (From UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US B2 Tourist Visa - Refugee Travel Document (From UK)

Hello,

This is my first post here and generally just looking for some advice from others in the same boat or know of the information I need.

I am a British citizen (born in UK) and so is my baby but, my husband is originally from Nigeria and has indefinite leave to remain (technically still classed as a refugee) and cannot apply for his British citizenship until 2025. We want to travel to the US on holiday (Disney World) for a 2 week break with our baby.

I already know that he needs to apply for the B2 visa. I just have some queries around him travelling on a Refugee Travel Document (in line with 1951 Geneva Convention, color blue) and issued by the British Home Office. It acts as a replacement for a passport and is accepted in most countries for travel apart from Dubai. We have travelled to Spain/France already.

In terms of the visa application I am confident that we can prove strong ties to the UK for him as:
    • We own our home (mortgage) that we recently purchased
    • He has a full-time job in the tech field
    • We have family here (my family) in the UK
    • Also has a car on finance that my husband has been paying up for 2 years already.

I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has ever applied for a B2 visa based on similar circumstances and been approved?

While this travel document is a legal travel document sometimes in airports airline staff do not understand what it is and it takes some time to get on the flight etc. as they had to check it out. I was wondering how others experienced this also? My main worry is getting stopped at customs on entering the US. It is such a long way to go to then run into problems.

The other question is around when to apply and the duration of the visas validity from being granted it. For example if we wanted to travel September 2023 can we apply up to 6 months before hand?

Hopefully someone on here would have some information and thanks for reading this.

Travelled with that document numerous times to USA from UK with no issue. As long as he has his visa which they give for multiple entry up to a year. So yes you can apply for it early.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X