mom's visa got rejected 4 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom's visa got rejected 4 times

My mom's visa got rejected 4 times on the basis of potential immigrant 214(b). I realized we are making mistake while filling DS 160 form where in we are selecting occupation as Home maker even though she is getting family pension,rental and other income(Agriculture)

I have couple questions from DS-160

1) Have u ever been rejected US VISA
    This is where I am planning to assure officer by writing... . Is that ok?
    2) Primary occupation
    Which option should I select? we want to say she is getting family pension because she is widow(not a retired pension)
    AGRICULTURE
    ARTIST/PERFORMER
    BUSINESS
    COMMUNICATIONS
    COMPUTER SCIENCE
    CULINARY/FOOD SERVICES
    EDUCATION
    ENGINEERING
    GOVERNMENT
    HOMEMAKER
    LEGAL PROFESSION
    MEDICAL/HEALTH
    MILITARY
    NATURAL SCIENCE
    NOT EMPLOYED
    PHYSICAL SCIENCES
    RELIGIOUS VOCATION
    RESEARCH
    RETIRED
    SOCIAL SCIENCE
    STUDENT
    OTHER
    Her visa got rejected 2 weeks back.We are planning to take another appointment next week. Please advise at the earliest?

thanks
    Ramesh

sorry to hear that

Hi Ramesh
    Looks like we are sailing in the same boat..my moms got rejected 3 times..have taken another appointment..She too is a home maker and gets rent from the property that has been rented out.I dont think we should put any other category as she is a home maker.
    I have seen cases where widowed moms do get visas being homemakers,receiving pensions or rents.

Comment

What is 'family pension'?
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

mom's visa got rejected 4 times

family pension means a regular monthly amount payable by the employer(i.e govt) to a person(mostly head of the family) belonging to the family of an employee in the event of death while in service or after retirement.

Comment

Rejected again.Planning to take another Appt.

Comment

Internet Banking

I think in the recent times its very difficult to get the visa to other countries,even I have been applied two times and have been rejected don't know why the authorities are cancelling......
            =========
            Rosie

Comment

[QUOTE=allenicon;218482]I think in the recent times its very difficult to get the visa to other countries,even I have been applied two times and have been rejected don't know why the authorities are cancelling......
              =========
              Rosie

Plain and simply, you have to prove very strong ties of the applicant to their home country. Applying again and again will not improve but dim your chances of getting a visa for your parents. If she is receiving payments from properties of farming, she is not actually working. You still have to show her as a Home Maker (this is what we call a house wife here in US) but show enough proofs of her properties, income, bank balance and what not........... They want to see that her intentions are not to come and live here forever but is just to see you guys and then go back home.
              Good Luck!

Comment

No visas for bad Indians

I am an American citizen and there will be no visas issued to anyone under the age of 55 because too many Indians come here to the USA and then no one can find them.

Comment

A little message for one of our member maryJane49.

Mary Jane 49:
                  Please write your comments if you have anything to help our member SURABHR. I don’t think your current comments would help anyone. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X