Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did not return I-94 card but departure has been recorded

Hi there,

My in laws were in US about 10 years ago and they left the country within their allowed period of stay. However, they took their I-94 card with them in the passports and forgot to return them. Now they are looking to revisit the US and wondering if this is going to cause an issue. I went to the I94 - Official Website (dhs.gov) site and looked up their travel history, and I can clearly see that their departure has been recorded there, so it seems to be like they should be okay. Can this still cause issues?

Should they bring back the I-94 card in their passports from 10 years ago, or since the departure has been recorded as per the dhs.gov site, just take it off the passports to not cause unnecessary issues?

Thanks for any pointers. They don't have much time to do much more as they only realized this recently.

Originally posted by unclejohn2021 View Post
    My in laws were in US about 10 years ago and they left the country within their allowed period of stay. However, they took their I-94 card with them in the passports and forgot to return them. Now they are looking to revisit the US and wondering if this is going to cause an issue. I went to the I94 - Official Website (dhs.gov) site and looked up their travel history, and I can clearly see that their departure has been recorded there, so it seems to be like they should be okay. Can this still cause issues?
    As long as their records at CBP are updated, they should be fine.
    Originally posted by unclejohn2021 View Post
    Should they bring back the I-94 card in their passports from 10 years ago, or since the departure has been recorded as per the dhs.gov site, just take it off the passports to not cause unnecessary issues?
    Yes, they should carry it upon their next visit, just in case if there is any questioning. USA doesn't use paper based I94 anymore.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X