Visitor Visa to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa to F1

I was issued a Visitor visa last year when i was on a exchange program.I have a multiple entry B1 visa for 10 years .I am on my second visit and intend to do my dentistry .i plan to take up a kaplan course for test preparation for my National boards .My questions are

Will i be issued a F1 if i apply for as kaplan will give I20
    Will i need to go back to India for the F1stamping or can i do the change of status here
    what will happen to my multiple entry visa ..will it get cancelled

is there anyone who could advise.Will appreciate ....

I was on a similar situation. Last year I was issued a tourist visa for 10 years and I went to the US to look for a class to take this year. Once I found it I was told that I could change my status there in the US as in my application I had stated that the purpose of my trip was to look for a class to take this year. But, as some people told me that foreign embassies don't like people doing that in the US I decided to come back and applied for the student visa in my country. I did that, and not only did they reject my student visa but also cancelled my tourist visa. Now, I don't seem to have a way to take the class or go as a visitor again. So, if you ask me for advice I would strongly recommed you DON'T go back to your country and try to do all the paperwork there.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X