X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring visa for parents on L1, but will be on H1 during their interview

Hi

Urgent help needed please...

I am currently on L1 and I have sent sponsorship documents to my parents for Visitor Visa(B2).

Now I am changing to H1 visa and have to work under this employer.

Do I need to send my H1-I94 now and in that case do I need to submit my new employment letter for which I cant submit any payslips right now since I will get them in a month and the visa appointment will be delayed because of this which I dont want to.

Can my parents attend the visa interview with my L1 status since till now am under L1 only.But by the time they attend the interview I will be on H1.

thanks
    Last edited by devd09; 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM.

Their Visa application is not directly affected by your status. If you can, send them a scanned copy of your new I-94 which they can print. They will need to know the name of your new employer and your position, location etc. (just know, having supporting documents is okay but not mandatory)
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thank u so much...am relieved now

Comment

Do not confuse the parents with unnecessary details about your status when they go for the interview. All they need to know - who your employer is at the time of the interview and how much you make and how long you have been working for them.

Adding the complexity of your status might confuse your parents during the visa interview added to the stress they already will be under at the time of the interview.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank u

thanks txh1b.....ur reply is very helpful for me since i was thnking to do the same because i dont have the payslips and employment letter for the new employer since i joined just 15days under him....i just changed the employer but not the work location.i have the required documents till October.

Comment

Just send the filing receipt if you have it and the offer letter from new employer. As of the date of the interview, whoever is your employer is to be mentioned irrespective of your status.

On an unrelated note to your question, If you are moving from L1 to H1 to a different emplyer, your H1b should be approved before you can begin working for the employer. You cannot begin work just after the case is filed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

oh ok....i have the offer letter as well...i will send them

but a little worried if this would create confusion to the interviewer and he may reject visa

Comment

What about the part of L1 to H1? You did not answer that question.

Comment

that is still in process....but since the employer applied for premium processing it will be coming by the time of interview...infact am expecting it in this week.

Comment

Originally posted by devd09 View Post
                    thanks txh1b.....ur reply is very helpful for me since i was thnking to do the same because i dont have the payslips and employment letter for the new employer since i joined just 15days under him....i just changed the employer but not the work location.i have the required documents till October.
                    How come you say you already joined the company then?

Comment

well ... am sorry .... i thnk i got confused and confused u as well.....the scenario here was, i was under the same client but with a different employer....so by the time my parents attend the interview i.e Nov 23 i would be on H1 for sure....and its already 1week my H1 is applied under premium processing.....so it wud be 15days i work under the new employer by the time they would attend the interview....
                      I sent the documents to them in October thinking their interview would be scheduled in that month....but unfortunately couldnt get the interview date and ended up in all this confusion.
                      Am just thinking in advance to prepare my parents for the interview so that they will not get confused as they are not educated .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X