Help Rest Of Family Canadian Citizens. Yet I Got Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Rest Of Family Canadian Citizens. Yet I Got Rejected

i visited the chennai consulate this morning. my husband and daughters hold canadian passports and have been in india at least for 10 years. i being an indian national applied for b2 visa as we all intend to travel to canada and the usa this spring visiting friends and relatives and sightsee. i told him that i had lived for nine years in canada and had visited the u.s several times.unfortunately, the officer was more keen on finding out how my family members would be able to visit the u.s.. i told him that they did not need visas , being canadian citizens. he said that as their passports were not machine readable, they would have to get border crossing cards,(something i have never heard before) which I would have to get with the canadian govt. then he went ahead and rejected my visa. even though i told i had no intention of going back tolive in canada .please help if you have had a similiar experience.

They are right about border crossing cards.

Machine readable passport thing is a new thing. That requirement started in 2004.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X