Parents Visitor Visa Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visitor Visa Rejected

I had read extensively all information that was on this site and prepared my parents well for the interview . They went with all the possible documents. The interview was for the 16th in Calcutta .

The lady looked at all their papers and said good . Started asking them questions like :

1. How long has your son been there ? 5 years on H1B

2. Why do u want to go there ? To visit my son and for tourism.

3. Show me the invitation letter and trip detail.- My parents did and she said ok.

She then paused and looked at everything for some time . She then suddenly gave them back the papers and passport and said please leave . She said that your application has been rejected under 214(b) and she circled the 3rd option. Before my bewildered parents realised what had happened they were herded out by the security. They were extremely upset and did not know what to do.

I am at a loss to understand what is it that the lady suddenly refused the Visa. She was happy with all the documents and then she suddenly flipped. Could it be because i am the only son of my parents ? But then two of my neighbours also visited their only sons just last year and had no problems what so ever . This is very very disappointing for me and my parents. They are not keeping all that well and had to travel to Calcutta for this and did not get anything in return. The whole Visa thing appears to be so Chancy and only by luck rather than anything else.It seems that the whole Visa process is one hell of a CHANCE thing and even the best prepared people can have the worst outcome.

Any suggestions as to when they should try again and what kind of changes can be done to ensure they get the Visa ?

- A Very Very Unhappy Son
    Last edited by ravi190372; 02-17-2005, 08:58 PM.

I believe you and your parents everything right, as much as possible.

Sometimes, it is just a luck.

I know it is big hassle to go for visa.

All I can say is reapply. Better luck next time.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X