Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 for parent

Hello experts!
    My mother aged 60 would like to visit me in the US.
    She does not have a husband or a job or any other child in her home country India.
    She has one apartment that she rents out and has real estate land investments - that total USD 0.5 Million as proof that she would return.
    Her intent is to visit US for 4 months during the summer to spend time with her grandchildren before returning back.

Does she have a reasonable chance of approval? Or is more likely that she will be rejected.
    We plan to buy return tickets and also fill in I134.

Funds wise she has fair chances for getting approval.

Question : Is she dependent on you or you have any siblings living with her in her home country. Single parent (no spouse) with no other kids are treated as dependent & that can cause visa rejection, unless she proves that otherwise.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

No unfortunately I'm the only child. She has siblings (2 brothers and 2 sisters) in India.

So is her case week?

Comment

Prepare a solid reason for her visit, like attending a religious ritual for her grand children & prove that she will return back after the short visit.

Remember for B2 visa the onus is on applicant to prove that she has strong ties to home country & would certainly return.

Please do not buy flight tickets until her visa is approved (same is recommended by US everywhere).

Form I134 or Affidavit of Support document is useless for B2 visa - as it is not legally bound on the issuer, but no harm in providing that to your mother for interview.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X