DS 160 for both parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 for both parents

hey everyone,I filled out DS 160 for my parents, dad being the primary applicant and mom being family. Now for the interview waiver i made one account for both parents. answered the questions and it says you qualify for the waiver. does that mean both my parents qualify for the interview waiver or do i need to start a separate DS 160 for both my parents now? kinda lost here.
    PS: when I proceeded with the dropbox option, it says 2 applicants and gave a option to enter 2 receipt #s. Any help is much appreciated and TIA!

Originally posted by monisha145 View Post
    hey everyone,I filled out DS 160 for my parents, dad being the primary applicant and mom being family. Now for the interview waiver i made one account for both parents. answered the questions and it says you qualify for the waiver. does that mean both my parents qualify for the interview waiver or do i need to start a separate DS 160 for both my parents now? kinda lost here.
    PS: when I proceeded with the dropbox option, it says 2 applicants and gave a option to enter 2 receipt #s. Any help is much appreciated and TIA!
    No, for dropbox each individual need to qualify separately. Either you create separate profile for both of them, have dad utilize dropbox & mom appear for interview or have both of them appear for interview together (preferred).
    Last edited by Libra_14; 11-22-2022, 06:05 PM.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Separate DS-160 Forms : You will need to create separate DS-160 applications profiles for every individual applying for visa. If you are inviting both your mother and father, then you need to create two DS-160 Profiles online for your parents.​ official website
      Last edited by Brianrobinson; 11-21-2022, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Yes, you need to complete a separate DS-160 form for each parent who is applying for a US visa. This is because the DS-160 collects biographical information, travel plans, and other details about the visa applicant.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X